Flowers don’t have to be plain and boring! They can be fun and exciting! I found this science experiment on the Youtube Channel NurdRage. It’s a really easy project to do and it literally takes minutes to prepare! Try it with your kids. They will think you are the coolest parent ever!
All you need is:
- a container for your flower, i.e a vase or cup
- any flower of your choice, preferably in white
- a highlighter marker, any colour
- a blacklight
1. Fill container with water. Take out the ink cartilage from the highlighter. Squeeze a bit of the highlighter ink into the water.
2. Cut the stem of the flower. Place flower in the water. Let it sit overnight.
3. Turn off all of your lights and turn on your blacklight and see your flower glow in the dark! Voila!
If the instructions aren’t clear enough, I have attached the video tutorial as well. Enjoy!