Today is national boss’s day! Believe it or not, this is not a holiday created by some corporate card company. It has been around since 1958-long before a certain card company starting selling Boss’s Day cards! Boss’s day is a holiday celebrated on October 16 in Canada, the USA and other countries from around the world. It has been recognized as a day for employees to recognize their bosses for being reasonable and fair.
Bosses would appreciate being recognized as much as the next person. Whether you like him/her or not, if you treat your boss with respect, he/she will do the same.
Here are some ways to recognize your boss:
- Say something nice to your boss, some positive words of encouragement or even just “Happy Boss’s Day!”
- Try not to bother him/her today. No whining. No complaining.
- Cards are always appropriate. Be sure to get people around the office to sign it.
- Take your boss out to lunch at his/her favourite restaurant. Or have an office potluck.
- If you really like your boss, you could throw him/her a party.
- Get a group of coworkers together and send your boss a gift basket or a nice plant for his office.
Here are some gifts ideas for that any boss would enjoy: