It’s that time of the year again! It’s pumpkin season! Pumpkins are great because they are so versatile! Not only can you create delicious pies and soups with them, you can use them as vases to display the beauty of fall flowers!
Here are some beautiful flower arrangement ideas to inspire you!
Want to make one? It’s easier than it looks! Here’s how to create your own pumpkin flower arrangement:
- 1 pumpkin
- vase or other container to hold the flowers
- fresh flowers and other greenery of your choice
- carving knife and spoon
- floral foam (optional)
1. Buy a pumpkin from your local supermarket or farmer’s market.
2. Using the carving knife, cut and remove the top of the pumpkin Then spoon out the seeds. Try to get the pumpkin as clean as possible. If you like, you could paint your pumpkin or carve out a design.
3. Place the vase or container into the pumpkin shell. You can choose to use floral foam inside the vase. Floral foam makes flower arranging easier and neater, but it isn’t necessary. You could just fill the vase with a water and flower food mixture.
4. Cut the flowers to size. Arrange flowers to your liking. Experiment with different flowers and textures. Just have fun with it!
5. Sit back and enjoy! The arrangement should last about a week or longer, depending on the variety of flowers.
- Fall Floral Arrangement in a Pumpkin (samantha562.com)
- The Many Things You Can Do With A Pumpkin (kidsarefrompluto.com)