For many couples, Valentine’s Day is one of the most romantic, happiest time of the year. They also tend to act extra mushy and lovey-dovey, declaring their love for one another. So it’s no surprise that plenty of couples get engaged on February 14th. It is the day of love, after all! According to Time.com, there is an average of 220 000 wedding proposals that take place on Valentine’s Day each year.
But whether you decide to ask her to marry you on Valentine’s Day or a different day, first you need to figure out how to propose. You could just “pop the question” out of the blue one day. Or you can plan something special and romantic for her. The latter is probably the better choice, since a marriage proposal is supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. So make it meaningful and memorable! And don’t forget to include flowers in your proposal, as nothing sets the mood quite like a bouquet of beautiful flowers.
Here are 6 romantic ideas to get you inspired:
- Surprise her with a bouquet of flowers with the ring tied to one of the flowers.
- Send her one red rose (or her favourite flower) every day for 12 days. On the 12th day, surprise her with a dozen red roses (or a bouquet of her favourite flowers) with a ring attached.
- Spell out “Marry Me” using flower petals or flowers, like this one romantic guy did for his marriage proposal.
- Make the proposal public for all to see. Create a living wall billboard spelling out “Marry Me.”
- Propose flash-mob style, where strangers hand out flowers to her until she reaches the destination where you will proposal. Decorate the place with flowers and candles.
- Women love fashion! Create a dress out of flowers, like this guy did with 9 999 red roses!
Now that we’ve got you thinking, here are some beautiful flower bouquets that would be perfect for the occasion:
You can’t go wrong with the classic dozen red roses. Marriage proposals and red roses go hand-in-hand!
Or if 12 roses don’t seem sufficient enough for such a significant event, go for 36 red roses! This magnificent bouquet of red roses will make a lasting impression!
Nothing says love and romance quite like pink and red roses.
A gorgeous hand tied arrangement made with romantic red roses and stunning stephanotis flowers.
A beautiful, romantic bouquet featuring white roses, pink carnations, pink Asiatic lilies and Queen Anne’s Lace would be perfect for the occasion.