Summer is well under way! It’s wedding season and conveniently, this is when all the flowers are in bloom. Flowers are romantic, feminine and flirty. Naturally, flowers as hair accessories, are perfect for summer brides, adding elegance and beauty. You could use a single bold flower for a simple hairstyle or a cluster of delicate blooms for a more complicated style.
Tips for using fresh flowers:
- Pick fresh, resilient flowers.
- Choose flowers that are in season.
- Store the flowers in a cooler or refrigerator until you use them
- Use hairspray and other styling products before adding the flowers. These chemicals could damage the flowers.
- They are more easily incorporated with updos, but they could also work with loose hair.
- Some flowers shouldn’t be used near the skin, for safety reasons. Consult with your florist ahead of time.
Some popular flowers used in wedding hairstyles include:
- spray roses
- cymbidium orchids
You may want to match the flowers in your bridal hair with your wedding bouquet. The choice is up to you. Consult with your hairstylist and florist to design a look that’s right for you. And don’t forget to have fun with it!