Friendship Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of every August. It shouldn’t matter that this holiday was created by a famous card company. Friends are worth celebrating. Friends are the people in your life that make life better. You can share the good, the bad and the ugly times together.
“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
Sending flowers is one way of showing you care. Everyone can enjoy flowers, even men.
Here are some friendship flowers and their meanings:
- Alstroemeria – long lasting friendships; is known as the friendship flower
- Black-eyed Susan – encouragement; perfect for a friend who is having a rough time
- Camellia – gratitude
- Carnations – appreciation; yellow ones are cheerful
- Gardenia – joy, but also could mean secret love
- Gerbera Daisy– innocence and playfulness; the bright colour flowers will bring joy and cheer
- Geranium – comfort, true friendship
- Tulip – everlasting friendship
- Iris – faith, wisdom; perfect for an older friend
- Rose – pink, yellow and peach-coloured roses represent friendship
- Sunflower – adoration and dedication
- Zinnia – thoughts of an absent friend; perfect for long distance friendships
But whether you send flowers or not today, take time today to tell your friends how much their friendship means to you.
Happy Friendship Day!
P.S Don’t miss another holiday! Bookmark this page!