Fall is here! Celebrate this wonderful season with a fall wreath. Learn how to create one with dried flowers.
Here’s how to make your very own dried flower wreath:
- a wreath base (you can use a wire hanger, if you like)
- florist wire
- dried flowers (i.e lavender, hydrangea, strawflowers) and foliage
- shears for trimming stems
- Start by gathering your flowers and the foliage you want to use. Trim stems as you see fit. 6 inches is a good place to start. Make a bundle and secure onto the wreath base with some wire. Generally speaking, the cut ends should face the same direction.
- Make another bundle. Secure it onto the base, while it overlaps the last bundle. Repeat with the rest of the flowers until wreath is covered to your liking. The stems of the last bundle should be secured under the first bundle.
- If you are using a wire hanger, then it should be good to go. If not, add a ribbon so you can hang it on your door! Enjoy!
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- 3 DIY Fall Wreaths (apartmentguide.com)
- DIY-Hydrandgea Wreath (scarboroughfairflorals.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Floral Wreath Project (abeautifulmess.com)