We are Canadian and have already celebrated our Thanksgiving last month, but we haven’t forgotten our American friends! Today is Thanksgiving for our neighbours! Happy Thanksgiving Day! Hope it is a day filled with laughter, love, and appreciation. And don’t forget to give thanks!
“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice.” -Meister Eckhart
Hands down, the best part about the holiday is the delicious, sleep-inducing Thanksgiving turkey dinner. It’s what people live for. If you are lucky to be invited over for a Thanksgiving meal, the very least you could do is to get the hostess a gift. After all, she did spend practically all day to prepare the meal.
Here are some Thanksgiving Hostess Gift ideas:
- Wine or champagne.
- Dessert. You can’t go wrong with dessert, especially if it’s homemade!
- Gift Certificate along with a handwritten Thank-You card.
- Gift Baskets. Be thoughtful and consider her favourite things and hobbies.
- Flowers are always appropriate. Add a personal touch by choosing her favourite flowers or colours. As well, buying them prearranged in a vase saves the hostess from running around looking for a vase.
- Or potted plants. They last longer than flowers and would make a great gift for plant lovers!
Here are gift ideas from Grower Direct Fresh Cut Flowers:
After a hours slaving in the kitchen, the hostess could use some rest and relaxation! This is the perfect gift basket for her!
Orchids are beautiful plants! They will add beauty and colour to any home!
Azaleas are popular houseplant. If she doesn’t have one, this is an ideal hostess gift for the one that seems to have everything.
Add colour and cheer to the Thanksgiving table with these beautiful fall flowers!
Celebrate Thanksgiving with these gorgeous fall flowers!