Every year on the first weekend in February, the city of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, hosts a spectacular flower festival. It is during this time when the flowers are in bloom. Everywhere you look, there are beautiful displays of fresh flowers, including chrysanthemums, dendrobium orchids and Damask roses.
That being said, it’s not a festival unless there’s a parade! The main attraction is the flower festival parade that takes place on Saturday morning, where amazing floral sculptures are front and center. Floats of all shapes and sizes are elaborately covered in flowers. It’s also worth noting that the parade moves at a very slow pace and stops frequently.
During the parade, spectators can look forward to dancers in traditional costumes, marching bands, and village hill tribes. Moreover, the parade participants have been known to hand out roses to the spectators! Other festivities include a beauty contest, food vendors, agricultural and flower arrangement exhibitions, and musical entertainment.
Other Cool Places to See Flowers:
- Zundert Flower Parade (funflowerfacts.com)
- Floriade Flower Festival, Australia (funflowerfacts.com)
- The Rose Parade in Pasadena, CA, USA (funflowerfacts.com)
- The Jersey Battle of Flowers (funflowerfacts.com)
- Tesselaar Tulip Festival (growerdirect.com)
- Medellin Flower Festival (growerdirect.com)
- Wisteria Tunnel, Japan (funflowerfacts.com)
- Hitachi Seaside Park, Japan (funflowerfacts.com)