Vases aren’t just for flowers. They can be so much more! Vases come in so many different shapes, sizes, and colours! Many are works of art! Don’t let these beautiful containers sit on a shelf collecting dust, while you wait for the next Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or anniversary. Give them a new life! Re-purpose them into something new and exciting!
Here are some fun and creative ways to reuse your vase:
- Candy or fruit dish. Use the vase as a container to hold candies or fresh fruit, which can also be used as a fun and colourful centerpiece!
- Use as a candle holder. Clear, glass vases and large pillar candles would be chic and elegant.
- Turn the vase into a terrarium! Terrariums are the hottest trend in gardening right now.
- If the vase is large enough, it can be made into a fish tank.
- Vases make great organizers for office or arts/crafts supplies or kitchen utensils It can be made into scissors/pen/pencil/paintbrush/etc holder.
- Use it as a planter for potted plants. If drainage holes cannot be drilled into the vase, add rocks to the bottom before adding soil.
- Fill with something heavy, like decorative rocks, loose change and marbles, and use as a bookend.
- An especially large vase can be used as an umbrella holder.
- Flip the vase upside down and glue a plate on top and voila, you will have a DIY cake stand!
- If you have the time and talent, you can turn the vase into a lamp!