This Sunday June 16th, 2013 is Father’s Day! Take the time to honour and celebrate your father or father figure in your life, as we often take them for granted. Now is the time to show him how much you care and appreciate all that he has done for you. Treat him to something special, but you don’t have to go out of your way to spend a ton of money. It’s the thought that counts, after all!
Here are some ways to celebrate Father’s Day:
- Roses are the official flowers for Father’s Day. Wear a red one to honour a living father and a white one for a deceased father.
- Get him a gift. Here are some unique gift ideas. Or how about a fun glow-in-the-dark plant?
- Don’t forget to add a card with your gift. It would be nice and thoughtful gesture.
- Spend quality time with him. Work on a project together, such as building something or starting a garden in the backyard. Here’s a gardening kit to get you started.
- Cook his favourite meal. Does he like Italian food? Or would he prefers Japanese cuisine?
- Have a beer with him. How about one of these delicious floral beers?
- Dads love BBQs! Father’s Day is the perfect time to throw a backyard barbeque!
Happy Father’s Day! Hope it will be a joyous occasion!