Today, July 11th, is “Cheer Up the Lonely Day,” a day where you can do something nice for someone that has been feeling sad/lonely. Even in this day and age of social media and technology, people can still feel lonely, especially the elderly or the sick. They may not have any friends or family to care about them. And that’s where you come in! You can take a bit of time to cheer them up. Here are some ways you can do that!
- Surprise them with some flowers. Flowers are known to cheer up the sick, sad, lonely and the like. You can order beautiful floral arrangements online at growerdirect.com.
- A handwritten card would be a thoughtful gesture. Learn how to make a pressed flower card here.
- Spend some time with them. Stop and smell the flowers at a local park or botanical garden, which can be very calming and relaxing. Or do a craft together. You could make origami flowers, duct tape flowers, or make your own floral arrangement.
- Decorate their home with some paper flowers. They will last longer than fresh flowers, while adding colour and cheer to their home. Learn how to make these bright and colour tissue paper flowers here.
- Throw a surprise party for them Here are is a party planner to get you started.
And remember, you don’t have to go all out to make a lonely person happy. They would appreciate any time you spend with them. Something as simple as a smile and a few kinds words can cheer up a lonely person!