Today is a day where you can leave all of your cares and troubles behind, even if it’s just for a few moments. Life can be stressful, especially in our fast-paced society and all that extra stress can make us sick and tired. We need to make time for ourselves and take it easy. So take a deep breath and relax…
Here are 10 ways you can celebrate National Relaxation Day:
- Have a cup of tea. Herbal teas like chamomile and lavender can help relieve stress.
- Spend time in the garden, relaxing or doing gardening chores. Believe it or not, many gardeners find the work relaxing and comforting. Even weeding by hand can be therapeutic.
- Photograph flowers. Capturing flowers on camera is a fun and relaxing activity. Here are some tips on how to photograph flowers.
- Take a hot bath. The Ruby Red Seduction Bath Basket pictured above is filled with bath products that will help you relax.
- Make a floral arrangement or treat yourself to some fresh flowers. Studies have shown that being around fresh flowers can improve one’s mood.
- Take a nap! If you can’t sleep, place lavender sachets on your pillow to help promote sleep and relieve stress.
- Get a massage! Essential oils, such as lavender, chamomile, rose and jasmine will help you relax.
- Read a book. Need a book recommendation? Vanessa’s Diffenbaugh’s The Language of Flowers tells the story of a young lady trying to find her place in the world through the Victorian Language of Flowers. I’ve read it and thought it was quite enjoyable!
- Watch a movie. Today is a great day to catch up on movies you have been wanting to see. Have you seen these movies with flowers in the titles?
- Do nothing. We are always busy with something or another, so a day of doing nothing sounds like a dream!
Have a wonderful, relaxing day!
What do you like to do to relax? Leave us a comment with your answer!