Nothing beats a real Christmas tree during the holiday season but what to do with it after the holidays? Here are 6 great ways to reuse and recycle your tree.
1) Make some sachets filled with the needles and place around your home to keep that great fresh pine smell lasting just a little longer.
2) Use the needles as mulch for your garden.
3) Cut off the boughs and use them as insulation on your perennial flower beds.
4) Slice the trunk into 2″ long pieces and use the pieces to line a walkway, flowerbed, etc.
5) Cut the trunk into several different lengths and use as pot raisers to create different heights in a group display on your deck or steps.
6) Use as firewood in an outdoor fire pit.
That’s our ideas on how to reuse your tree, have some of your own? Share in the comments!
- Recycle? Mulch? Pickup? Ways to get rid of your Christmas tree (al.com)
- keeping it green… recycling and repurposing your holiday tree (bambeco.com)